All parents of Black Gold students MUST have a PowerSchool account. Once an account is set up for a student it follows them throughout their Black Gold school career. If you need your child’s Access ID & Password, please contact the school office.
PowerSchool is used for:
- Permission forms: All permission forms can be found online in your PowerSchool account in the Student Fees & Forms link on the left hand side of the screen. If you are using a smaller mobile device, you may need to open the side bar by clicking the small white arrow in the top left corner.
- Grades & Attendance: Grades and attendance can be easily viewed on the main screen of PowerSchool. This allows parents to check on their child’s progress continuously throughout the year rather than waiting for reporting periods. We have two reporting periods – January 2019 and June 2019. If you have any questions in regards to your child’s marks/assignments, please contact your child’s teacher.
- SchoolMessenger: Black Gold uses a mass messaging system called SchoolMessenger. School-wide reminders using this system may be sent out by phone call or email.
- Text messages can be received by texting the letter “Y” to the phone number 978338. If you are having troubles opting-in, please use the School Messenger Text Messaging FAQs guide.
- This is an automated system that we use; the information used is found on your child’s PowerSchool profile. Please call the office to update phone numbers or email addresses so that you will receive these reminders.
- To learn more about SchoolMessenger, click here.
DO NOT use the PowerSchool app for elementary school students. The app is only applicable to junior high and high school students.
To create an account go to: https://powerschool.blackgold.ca/public/